As Ginkgo biloba is a multi-faceted and multi-use herbal based therapeutic treatment, it can be used to treat a whole host of conditions and impairments. It has long been popular as part of traditional Chinese medicine and has gained huge popularity around the world for its healing abilities. It is extracted from the ginkgo biloba tree, and supplements will contain varying degrees of the active compounds. So, what are the best dosages for treating certain conditions with ginkgo biloba extract?
Below you will find a list of all recommended dosage guidelines for ginkgo biloba supplementation. The below-mentioned guidelines are for oral administration only and should be discussed with your medical practitioner before you commence with your supplement regime. They below are guidelines only, and if you are taking any prescription medication you should check beforehand to ensure that there are no known interactions.
- Anxiety. It is recommended to take between 18 mg to 160 mg of Ginkgo biloba extract. The best active compound for treating anxiety is egb 761, which should be taken three times a day over a period of one month.
- Dementia. For treating dementia, it is recommended to take between 100 to 220 mg of ginkgo biloba extract twice a day. This typically proves to be a sufficient dose for helping with cognitive function and improving memory recall.
- Cognitive function. To improve concentration and overall cognitive function, it is recommended to take between 200 to 450 mg ginkgo biloba around 2 to 4 hours before undertaking any tasks. At this dose, cognitive function and mental abilities will receive a drastic boost.
- Retinal damage. For those individuals who are experiencing retinal damage caused by diabetes, 120 mg of Ginkgo biloba extract can help improve the situation over a period of six months. If you are suffering with type 2 diabetes, you should consult with your doctor before starting any treatment plan that contains ginkgo biloba.
- Vertigo. For the therapeutic treatment of vertigo, it is recommended to take 160 mg of Ginkgo biloba extract once or twice a day over a period of three months. Typically, most individuals will experience Improvement of vertigo at around the 4-week mark.
- PMS. To treat PMS symptoms with ginkgo biloba it is recommended to use 40 mg of Ginkgo td. It should be taken 3 times each day on the 15th day of the menstrual cycle. Supplementation should continue until the 4th day of the start of the next menstrual cycle. This will help alleviate many of the common side effects that accompany PMS.
- Schizophrenia. Ginkgo biloba can help to alleviate many of the symptoms of schizophrenia and it is recommended to take between 120 mg to 360 mg of Ginkgo biloba extract egb 761. The individual should use ginkgo biloba for a time frame of 8 to 16 weeks. For those suffering from schizophrenia, it is important to discuss supplementing with ginkgo biloba before you decide to start your treatment plan.
- Circulatory disorders. For the treatment of poor circulation and any pain that is associated with it, it is recommended to use a dose of 120 mg to 240 mg each day. This dose should be divided into two doses and is known to be safe for you over the long term. It is known that the higher the dose, the better the treatment will be of the condition. Ginkgo biloba is especially useful for treating peripheral vascular disease and can eliminate many of the painful symptoms that are associated with it.
- Tardive dyskinesia. For the treatment of those individuals who suffer from tardive dyskinesia, it is recommended to supplement with 80 mg of Ginkgo biloba extract. The extract should be taken 3 times a day over a period of 3 months.
Precautions when using ginkgo biloba
If you are new to using ginkgo biloba, you should start at the lower end of the dose scale and work your way up. You should avoid using more than 120 mg at the beginning of your treatment plan to avoid gastrointestinal side effects, such as diarrhea and cramps. You should avoid using crude ginkgo biloba plants at all times, as they contain extremely dangerous levels of toxic compounds which can lead to the onset of severe allergic reactions.